17 February 2008

Fiction & Fantasy

I have a LOT of favorite books, but there is one I am reading right now that I'd like to share. I am about halfway through the holiday-themed book, Christmas Jars, by Jason F. Wright. I have finished about half of the book in two sittings and it is quite engaging. A great plot and the characters are simple and... well, I have yet to really find out. Apparently it will be a movie for this coming Christmas season. I'll share more with you as I will hopefully finish this week- I could've finished it tonight but I've been writing.

The next book on my shelf I may read is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I borrowed it from my brother. Should I look forward to it? When I read book #4 (Goblet of Fire) for several hours in one sitting I began to dream that I was attending Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and that I was fine-tuning my broom-riding skills. I'd hate to know what kinds of dreams I'd have if I read Twilight. :) I'd also probably have to invest in a night-light. Wait- I already have a few of those. More later! -Loren

4 comments:

Angie G said...

Hey Loren- I'm curious as to what you thought about CJ... He has another new book out called "The Wednesday Letters"... just curious about how you liked it!

LClark said...

I have really liked it so far- the problem is, I went to a wedding reception last week and had it on the front seat with me in my car (I read at every stop light) and now I can't find it! I tore my car apart looking for it. Maybe it is on the street somewhere- or I handed it to the little girl taking gifts at the reception.

I was just kidding about reading at stop lights... I don't read THAT much. I am really wanting to finish it though... I hate it when I lose something so obvious. I only had one other book there with it, and I have that one... hmmm. Keep an eye out for it when you're driving around. What will I tell the librarian!? I hope that mean lady's not there when I have to go and break the news...

LClark said...

I found it the next day! I'll finish it this weekend and give you an update. -Loren

Anonymous said...

Great work.